Wednesday, September 5, 2012

No Dairy Cream of Hatch Chili Soup

The Arizona Republic published a recipe today from Crazy Ed at the Satisfied Frog Restaurant called Cream of Green Chili Soup.  The ingredients are to die for!  Literally...for those who have cholesterol issues but they sound divine.  Butter, cream, and cheese...those were the days, my friend!

All due respect to Crazy Ed but we have to be heart healthy at my house.  I substituted cashews for the cream, added a few extra ingredients and garnished it with chili powder and tomatoes.  My soup is spicy, creamy, and so EASY.  I am fortunate to have a super blender. I bought a Blendtec and it makes awesome pureed soups.


Ingredients:
3 large Hatch chilies, roasted with skin and insides removed
3 cups vegetable broth
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
Chopped tomatoes and chili powder for garnish
Salt to taste

Directions:
Puree in blender or food processor, garnish with tomatoes and chili powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment